Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Production Support Lead
Production Support Lead (58150909)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Work with the client Production Support team resource requirements such as systems administrators needed for upgrades, patching, software installation;
• Determine implementation schedules and working out release scope and content with change management, release management, transition to operation and other technical teams;
• Work with the client Production Support team resource plan in order to meet the delivery schedule as required by project(s);
• Work with the Production Support systems administrators’ activities, other teams, and service delivery partners to provide software upgrades, patching, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, testing support and production implementation;
• Ensure Production Support technical documentation are updated and presents it to the relevant authorities;
• Ensure that team members adhere to applicable client standards, policies and procedures such as IT security;
• Provide product, technology, non-technical and/or technical support to enable implemented systems to operate smoothly and optimize productivity for clients.
• 6 years of hands-on experience in working with a team of IT system administrators in the planning, analysis, upgrading, installation and configuration of software such as IBM Message Queue & Message Broker, IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM Cognos.
• 5 years’ experience and knowledge of project management theories and principles to coordinate projects such as system enhancements/modifications/upgrades
• 5 years’ experience working with a team in a dynamic environment to ensure delivery of quality service within timelines
• 2 years technical experience in unix (AIX and/or linux)
• 2 years technical experience in Windows 2003 or Windows 2008
• 2 years technical experience in IBM Message Queue / Message Broker and WebSphere Application Server
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!