Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Business Systems Analyst
Business Systems Analyst (58190940)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Provide project management expertise to support development of the project deliverables
• Consult with Divisional stakeholders and with the business unit staff to define project scope, establish work plan and other documentation as required;
• Identify key objectives, risks and drivers to create appropriate plans;
• Develop an IT Strategic Plan to establish PF&R Division Services' technology direction supports and improves the efficiency and traceability of current workflow and processes and that strongly aligns with the Division's strategic plan. The plan will identify objectives, priorities, technology directions and resource requirements;
• Develop an IT implementation roadmap that is tightly aligned with the Division's strategy and priorities and is scheduled accordingly;
• Ensure PF&R Division’s IT strategic directions align with the client's Enterprise Architecture and directions, corporate Electronic Service Delivery Architecture Framework, corporate 3-1-1 Service Strategy, Open Data, Information Management directions, corporate Strategy, IT policies and standards;
• Conduct risk and costing analysis of the proposed strategies;
• Develop capital projects business cases if necessary;
• Communicating, collaborating and coordinating with management, business groups and the project team to support the implementation of new or improved business and system processes;
• Identify opportunities and tools to improve internal operational efficiency and effectiveness, executive information management and reporting, planning and decision making process, and Divisional internal communication and collaboration;
• Obtain stakeholder and project Steering Committee's sign-off on key deliverables; and
• Perform other duties as required.
• University degree in computer science or related discipline, and 5+ years of 'progressively more responsible' experience working on large-scale information technology projects or the approved equivalent combination of education and/or experience;
• Demonstrated experience to lead the business requirements definition process, analyze and document proposals and requirements relative to the creation of a Business IT Strategy;
• 5+ years; working experience and ability to perform requirements gathering, impact analysis, interview subject matter experts, facilitate joint-application-design sessions, and mapping of business processes;
• 5+ years' working experience and ability to evaluate and document business workflow, procedures, roles & responsibilities and integration & conversion strategies;
• Demonstrated analytical skills in assessing and reviewing business processes to identify options, best practices, and opportunities to improve service delivery;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, presentation and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with client staff and senior management;
• Working experience in utilizing project management tools for planning and implementing multiple concurrent complex projects and/or work packages;
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain an effective consulting relationship with clients and other business organizations with a strong customer service orientation;
• Excellent problem solving, leadership, facilitation, interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work effectively as a team member and work collaboratively with others in a multidisciplinary team;
• Experience in a government/public sector setting with mobile computing projects;
• Experience with documenting business frameworks, as well as business process/workflow modelling.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!