Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Data Warehouse Modeller
Data Warehouse Modeller (58243068)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Work with the Enterprise Data project team in designing, developing and maintaining the client enterprise data warehouse and associated data marts
• Responsible for the data modelling (logical and physical) of the data warehouse/data mart solution(s) as required for the Enterprise Data solution.
• Assist in developing and documenting SSIS packages to integrate data from multiple systems
• Responsible for designing, developing and documenting complex T-SQL, stored procedures, views, triggers, indexes, etc.
• Responsible for designing and implementing data quality processes
• Performing data discovery and data classification tasks to progress the Enterprise Data Dictionary initiative
• Work closely with the business analyst(s), and other team members, to understand requirements
• Convert business requirements to technical specifications.
• Research, document and share knowledge with the project team.
• Provide accurate time estimates for work to be undertaken
• Create project documentation according to the Project Management Office Standards
• Work on other project tasks as assigned.
• A university degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent, combined with directly related experience in a business or computer related discipline. Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Data Warehouse modeller/developer.
• Expert understanding, couple with enterprise scale, hands-on, experience of dimensional data modelling techniques as relates to data warehouse design.
• Extensive hands-on experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2012 (SSIS, SSAS, DQS)
• Expert understanding and enterprise scale experience working with Data Warehouse (DW) and Business Intelligence (BI) implementations
• Expert in Microsoft Transact-SQL programming with the ability to optimize, analyze and improve database SQL performance.
• Experience designing/developing data models using ERwin Data Modeller.
• Experience with data quality, data cleansing and data stewardship processes and techniques
• Ability to solve complex data problems by analysis, develop appropriate solutions and clearly communicate those solutions to the team.
• Ability to work efficiently and provide accurate time estimates for work to be undertaken.
• Well-developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• You must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!