Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Solutions Architect
JP21737 - Solutions Architect (58460291)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
Reporting to a Senior Managing Architect, and as a member of a Solutions Architecture team, the Architect IV provides senior level architecture and technology guidance to project delivery teams as they develop client solutions. The Architect will have key involvement in building out our business aligned initiatives. The Architect provides expertise and counsel; ensuring technology teams and business areas understand the architectural options and technology choices in support of their business. Architects recommend solutions that account for total cost of ownership, risk and leverage (or advance) strategic enterprise assets. Architects are assigned one or more areas of focus including Risk, Regulatory, and Business Continuity, Audit, and/or Security lines of business.
• 4 year degree in computer science or related field required.
• 10+ years’ experience in Information Technology
• 5+ years’ experience as a Solution Architect
• Diverse work experience within the financial services industry as a systems designer, IT infrastructure solution designer, manager and/or IT senior operations manager.
• Proven leadership and organizational awareness skills and desire to contribute to and drive business strategy in light of changing technologies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to document and present complex technology
• Excellent interpersonal, and teamwork skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations
• In-depth knowledge of regulatory rules (BASEL, IFRS, SOX, Dodd Frank) and / or restrictions as they relate to a specific LOBs or the North American banking industry in general.
• Strong research capabilities to find best of breed software, technology and process.
• Proven knowledge of banking and banking systems such as OneSumX, RSA Archer, gCLAS, etc.
• Experience using JBPM, Pega, (one or more of) Filenet, Kofax, Cognos, SAP Business Objects, Tableau, SAS, Netezza, MS SQL, DB2, Oracle, Hadoop.
• In-depth knowledge in developing mission critical systems that support the 24x7 nature of our business environment. Strong vendor management and negotiation skills. Deep awareness, knowledge and experience of controls & governance issues affecting LOB and IT.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!