Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Big Data Developer
JP1422 - Big Data Developer (58511154)
Contract Duration: (4 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Responsible for designing, developing, testing, tuning and the deployment of software solutions within the Hadoop Eco system.
• Designing and implementing product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
• Designing reusable Java components, frameworks and libraries
• Working closely with the Architecture group and driving solutions
• Implementing the data management framework for the Data Lake
• Supporting the implementation and driving to stable state in production
• Reviewing code and providing feedback relative to best practices, performance improvements etc.
• Demonstrating substantial depth of knowledge and experience in a specific area of Big Data and Java development
• Leverage existing frameworks and standards, while contributing ideas to or resolving issues with current framework owners - where no framework or pattern exists, create them
• Professionally influence and negotiate with other technical leaders to arrive and implement the most optimum solution considering standards and project constraints
• Mentor junior and other team members in all related Big Data technologies
• 2+ years of hands on expertise with Big data technologies (HBASE, HIVE, SQOOP, PIG)
• Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
• Proficiency with MapReduce, HDFS, Tez, Spark, Scala
• Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming.
• Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
• Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
• Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks, such as Flume and Sqoop
• Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
• Experience with Big Data ML toolkits, such as Mahout and SparkML
• Good understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks
• Experience with Hortonworks or Cloudera distribution
• Collaborative personality, able to engage in interactive discussions with the rest of the team
• Excellent technical analysis/design skills
• Ability to work with technical and business-oriented teams
• Track record of delivering projects on time
• Ability to work with non-technical resources on the team to translate data needs into Big Data solutions using the appropriate tools
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!