Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Developer
Contract Duration: (5 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Act as an expert technical resource for problem analysis and solution implementation.
• Support other development areas implementing integration solutions - provides technical expertise, guidance, advice and knowledge transfer to all staff on all aspects of integration and integration tools.
• Develop cost effective and efficient applications to meet business objectives by analyzing user requirements, providing technical specifications and design and developing / maintaining programs according to standards.
• Able to work within tight deadlines, which may result in additional work hours to meet project deliverables
• Deal effectively with external vendors, business partners, internal stakeholders and management
• Provide technical support to applications in production and during user acceptance testing.
• Provide technical support to infrastructure teams to assist in resolving production issues.
• Participate in systems implementation, planning, and documentation development.
• Ability to work effectively in an Agile/Scrum environment and delivering changes in to regular sprint releases.
• Provide expertise in conducting technical analysis and support for the project/product being delivered.
• Implement new systems or enhancements by reviewing programs written by team members, establishing and executing system test procedures, developing implementation plan, developing the required program and system documentation and ensuring all functionality has been delivered as required.
• The incumbent is also required to provide post implementation support and training to the computer operations staff on the production processing functionality.
• Assist project leader or Manager by supervising more junior staff, providing backup support to the Project Leader or Manager, assisting with the development of detailed workplaces and monitoring progress against plan.
• Provide technical guidance and review to other team members by conducting technical walkthroughs.
• Keep current on rapidly changing technological trends, self-teach new technologies and maintain an understanding of the Division’s business and technology strategies
• Core Java (3-5 years’ experience)
• C++ (3-5 years’ experience)
• XML (3-5 years’ experience)
• SQL queries (3-5 years’ experience)
• Linux (preferably RHEL)
• RDBMS (e.g. Oracle MSSQL)
• RESTful Web services
• Apache common libraries
• Apache Kafka
• Apache Nifi
• Elastic Search
• Unix Scripting
• Networking: DMZ, load balancers, firewall
• Security (ACL, PKI, certificates)
• Object oriented design, SOA
• Agile and DevOps team experience
• Integrating 3rd party vendor products experience
• Experience with onshore and offshore models
• Experience with complex data, data mapping, user workflows and reporting
• FI/Banking Industry experience
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!