Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Senior Database Analyst
Senior Database Analyst (Administration and Development) (58573242)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Hadoop administration and all related technologies.
• NoSQL (MongoDB) administration.
• Open Source (PostgreSQL) database administration
• Performance Tuning in all related platforms
• Manage small and medium size infrastructure projects. Participate in projects throughout the entire project lifecycle, and define, manage and track project deliverables using defined technologies.
• Maintain up-to-date documentation and procedures for all supported database related platforms
• Define and document requirements in cooperation with other Database Administrators and Developers
• Develop SQL stored procedures and functions to support internal processes and improve system performance
• Develop scripts to support the operations of Windows and Unix based platforms
• Support project development following documented standards, policies and procedures (Change Management Process)
• Participation in a rotational on-call schedule
• Occasional participation in after-hours and weekend support of production implementations, infrastructure activities, and various disaster recovery exercises
• Working closely with other team members, technical/team leads, management, specialized IT areas and application support teams to ensure consistent delivery and quality of database services
• Define, document and implement consistent standards and procedures.
• Evaluation of functionality and features within related database products.
• Contribute ideas for best practice improvements, process improvement, and innovative solutions
• University level degree in Computer Science or related information technology degree/diploma
• Multi specialized; proficient in Database Development, Web Development, ETL and Reporting
• Understand, can describe and can put into action database concepts.
• Ability to lead
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Passion for database administration as a career.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle several tasks efficiently
• Ability to contribute solutions that meet or exceed business requirements.
• Willingness to share ideas and speak up in small, medium and large sized groups.
• Willingness to provide on-call support and trouble shooting
• High academic credentials.
• Strong SQL skills that include a thorough understanding of system tables, stored procedures, functions, triggers, and SQL tuning
• Knowledge of Web development, Extract, Tranform and Load (ETL) and Report development.
• Database tuning experience
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!