Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Security Specialist
Security Specialist (Privacy Impact Assessment) (58588969)
Contract Duration: (5 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
The Security or privacy specialist is responsible for conducting the Privacy Impact Assessment for several projects following methodology similar in depth and scope to the Ontario Public Sector PIA methodology.
The PIA determines whether the new information system, program and policies meet legal privacy requirements and addresses clients' concerns for the protection of personal information.
The privacy requirements include complying with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), as well as relevant regulations, program statutes, client policies and by-laws, and internationally-accepted privacy principles.
• Superior knowledge of Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) approaches and methodology
• Superior knowledge of work management systems, Cloud Computing terminology, privacy risks and organizational and privacy requirements to integrate work management technology into electronic service channels across organizational boundaries
• Demonstrated experience conducting PIAs on complex projects in the public sector
• Minimum of six years of experience in researching and applying information privacy laws and risk management strategies
• Experience in policy analysis, business analysis, risk analysis and project management
• Excellent knowledge of the relevant legislation (MFIPPA), regulations and internationally-accepted privacy principles
• Knowledge of the PIA guidelines published by the Ontario Information and Privacy Commissioner
• Knowledge of policies, business rules, procedures and guidelines relating to classification, retention and disposition of information
• Demonstrated ability to engage stakeholders, consult and manage issues
• Superior written and oral communication skills with technical and business audiences
• Understanding of privacy protection standards and best practices, business, information and security architecture principles
• Knowledge of Information Technology concepts and processes that impact the protection of personal information, including (but not limited to) internet tools, system interfaces, information security, information architecture and data flows
• Ability to interpret and create data flow and business process diagrams
• Well-developed research, analytical and problem-solving skills
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!