Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for an Intermediate Developer
Intermediate Developer (58642297)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
Seeking a candidate interested in thoughtful development of enhanced capabilities for Liquidity risk management and analytics, planning, and reporting. Our team leverages the latest technology across the company and the wider industry, and couples these with our deep functional expertise in liquidity risk, to deliver applications that are used across the Firm to assess and consider liquidity impact on our business. These applications include, for example, LCR, 5G, EBA, ALM, Projections, analytics and controls and workflow management. This position provides a unique opportunity to gain subject matter expertise in both technology and finance, and to directly engage with colleagues and senior management from across the business, risk, finance, and technology
• Having exposure to all stages of the software development cycle with a range of technologies (standard and proprietary).
• Partner with the rest of the Technology and Strats organization to leverage our deep technical intellectual property and products from across the Firm to enhance control while also delivering best-of-breed commercial-quality enterprise applications for purpose of liquidity measurement and analytics.
• Directly interface with the Business and our Federation partners in Finance and Risk.
• Extensive experience in SQL
• Extensive experience in scripting languages (e.g. python, Perl) AND/OR Java AND/OR Web UI (e.g. Java script, AngularJS, React)
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Sybase skills and experience
• Good user requirements analysis skills and the ability to build strong user relationships
• Comfortable with rapid development environment.
• Strong in application development concepts including distributed computing, design patterns, middleware, Framework development and performance optimization.
• BA/BS or equivalent
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!