Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Data Architect
Data Architect (58657975)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Reviewing the existing data architecture and data model and proposing revisions to both where required This work and other related work will require extensive collaboration with business users, management, as well as data base administrators maintaining the current PFR asset database
• Developing business conceptual information/data model (CDM) and semantic models including a sustainment approach and supporting documentation.
• Designing logical data model (LDM) including sustainment approach and supporting documentation.
• Planning for the LDM transformation to the physical data model.
• Consulting and resolving data management concerns in business solutions; implement standards, methods, procedures, data provisioning and technology solution configuration
• Using applications and tools for data modeling, database analysis / design, reporting, and project management.
• Consulting on capacity planning, sizing, access controls and security
• Analyzing and mapping business data into logical data structures, considering methods, procedures, data provisioning and technology solution configuration
• Providing direction on data quality management and data maintenance methods.
• Documentation of all artifacts that are created as part of the data architecture design and implementation.
• Post-secondary degree in Information Technology or Data Sciences (or equivalent) with relevant experience in data architecture and data modelling.
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in a Data Architect role, developing and documenting conceptual and logical data models.
• Minimum 5 years of experience designing and implementing DB environments including designing and developing data collection processes and procedures.
• 3+ years of experience of working and / or managing data cleanup and migration from flat files and structured data bases such as MS Access, SQL Server, DB2 or Oracle to target relational data base environment
• 3+ years of experience of either leading or working as a part of a team tasked with managing data collection to populate various files during the implementation of an enterprise application.
• 2+ years' experience working in any level of Government.
• In-depth understanding of Business / Data Architecture domain “best practices”, principles and components. This includes
• Applicable knowledge of Information Architecture domain “best practices”, principles and components.
• Ability to develop a comprehensive data model from conceptualization to database optimization including SQL development and database administration, as well as documenting conceptual, logical and physical information models.
• This capability should be based on at least 5 years of experience of working on projects tasked with developing data architecture in large enterprises – either in the private sector or in government.
• Ability to develop data models based on defining data needs, metadata requirements and data quality standards, utilizing standard system development life cycle, software project management approaches, and requirements, design, and test techniques.
• Ability to design and implement unstructured content in solutions consistent with Enterprise Architecture and Information Management frameworks and to leverage data modeling, Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse, and other similar tools.
• Practical experience and working knowledge of MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
• Good oral and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. A good salesperson, persuasive with the ability to articulate architecture methodology, data modeling elements, and data governance concepts.
• Experience of working in a team environment.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!