Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Lead Guidewire Application Architect
Lead Guidewire Application Architect (58708488)
Contract Duration: (24 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Ensure effective and efficient Architecture reviews and ADA forums.
• Technical work which will drive automated processes and/or minimize internal sourcing needs.
• Ensure that the architecture checkpoint/Gating process is adhered to and all relevant artifacts are successfully created and stored for easy access.
• Communicate EA policy, Governance Framework, patterns & standards.
• Contribute Architecture view to IT Strategy and refresh periodically.
• Collaborate to align and prioritize corporate initiatives roadmap to business and IT strategies.
• Conduct architectural reviews and integrate, as required, legislative requirements and business processes.
• Conduct user interface reviews, determine impacts of infrastructure change and ensure alignment with corporate strategy, objectives and architectural principles.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of reference architecture frameworks, policy & standards and to educate across IT domains to ensure compliance.
• Analyze complex business requirements to determine the options for optimal implementation within the framework of the existing applications architecture.
• Work on application projects assuring overall technical quality
• Conduct application architecture reviews as well as integration interface and integration points review.
• Guidewire application code reviews ensuring the proper level of product customization and solution upgradability
• Assist in technology selection decisions; mitigation plans for risks for the project team.
• Ensure physical data model supports the performance, privacy, and security requirements.
• Provide end to end application architecture for complex business solutions
• Ability to work with Solution Architects and Developers in matters related to the applications architecture.
• Strong interpersonal, persuasion and presentation skills; teaching and public speaking experience
• Hands-on expertise in multiple architecture domains - enterprise, business architecture, application & solution architecture
• Ability to represent architecture in initiatives as identified in statements of work or RFI/RFP documents and the evaluation of vendor responses yielding resolutions
• Ability to assist the Director of Architecture in the building of efficient architecture layers that promote cost savings, ease of use to customers, simplified architecture and promotes improved agility to our business stakeholders
• Contribute to the client’s intellectual capital through the development of leading-edge methods for IT delivery and architecture development
• Keep abreast of industry (both technical and business-related) trends and publications, research papers, personal networks and vendors to identify opportunities for the client
• Evaluation of technology innovation with business needs by leading proof of concept projects.
• Project Support
• Strong understanding of open systems architecture including integrations with vendor packages, relational databases, message queues, web services, and legacy systems.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!