Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Pega Systems Architect
Pega Systems Architect (58708606)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Provides thought-leadership to fellow team members and business partners across business and technical project dimensions solving complex business requirements. This includes scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and user acceptance testing (UAT) and production deployment.
• Ensures delivered solutions meet/perform to technical and functional requirements.
• Provides technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to GCS and/or Product engineering.
• Identifies project technical risks.
• Ensures delivered solutions are realized in time frame committed. Works in conjunction with Engagement Leader to size, manage scope and risk.
• Translate use cases and requirements into user stories.
• Provides support and technical governance focused on one or more projects at a single client, in partnership with Pega Centre of Excellence (COE).
• Act as the mentor to all team members on their assigned project tasks.
• Focused on customer success (realization of business benefit).
• Keep current on rapidly changing technological trends, self-teach new technologies and maintain an understanding of the Division’s business and technology strategies\
• Must have advanced knowledge of the PRPC Architecture and all PRPC design and implementation features.
• Must have hands-on technical working experience with systems analysis, object-oriented design, object-oriented development, and application deployment of large scale Java centric enterprise application systems.
• Must have hands-on technical working experience in J2EE (JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML, Java); relational databases (Oracle/DB2/MS SQL Server) & Websphere or Weblogic Application Servers.
• Must have expert communication, negotiation and influencing skills in order to drive dialogue with business partners in order to understand their underlying needs and requirements while managing their expectations given the limitations of the framework
• Must possess a solid understanding of reuse and portability in terms of enterprise solutions seeking to determine and develop repeatable, efficient and optimal ways of implementing Pega.
• Willing & able to be a Pega Systems Subject Matter Expert (SME) that acts as a resources to the organization; pro-actively responds to ad-hoc questions from the field.
• Creative and flexible in identifying technical solutions to resolve business problems in a rapidly changing, demanding and complex business environment.
• Possess excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills in order to deliver proposals, provide user support and interact with team members and other departments.
• Ability to quickly and independently develop an advanced knowledge of the PRPC Architecture and all PRPC design and implementation features.
• Flexible and adaptable, the individual will be open to learning new methodologies, tools, platforms and systems.
• Open minded, able to make sound decisions without having all the facts
• Highly analytical, the individual is able to quickly understand how various elements relate to one another, having an end to end perspective of decisions and anticipating issues/roadblocks
• Possess the ability to meet and manage tight and changing deadlines and priorities.
• Possess solid customer focus skills to discern underlying client needs and foresee opportunities to enhance level of service and increase solution’s scalability.
• Possess a strong team focus with a genuine interest in working collaboratively with others, mentoring peers and being open to giving and receiving constructive feedback.
• Specialized knowledge of the financial industry and applicable frameworks are considered assets.
• Experience working with Pega 7 an asset.
• Degree/Post-Graduate Degree in computer science, math or engineering related discipline.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!