Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Senior Change Management Consultant
Senior Change Management Consultant (58723683)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Apply a structured change management approach and methodology to all projects;
• Act as a coach to senior leaders in the division to assist them in their roles as change sponsors;
• Lead development of communication plans, leadership training to support all levels of leaders in organization;
• Consult with Divisional and Inter-Divisional stakeholders at various levels
• Ensure organizational changes align with Human Resources and Labour Relations policies and Collective Agreements;
• Ensure Purchasing Materials Management Division Services' change initiatives align with the client's Enterprise Architecture and directions, corporate Electronic Service Delivery Architecture Framework, Information Management policies and standards, corporate Strategy, IT policies and standards;
• Contribute to the development of capital project business cases and briefing notes as necessary;
• Identify and manage changes to business processes, system and technology, job roles and organizational structures;
• Evaluate and report on organizational readiness for change;
• Develop adaptive approach for each ML&S unique business service line and change readiness state;
• Identify change resistance and performance gaps and develop corrective actions;
• Develop staff training plans to support change initiative implementations;
• Plan, monitor and control all client deliverables to ensure work completion for all phases of the Change Initiative;
• Develop and report on performance standards, and metrics to evaluate the success of the change initiatives and improvements in accordance with the ML&S Benefits Realization Plan
• Manage all aspects of budget tracking of planned vs. actual results;
• Manage the communication of issues, risks and project status;
• Working with Project Managers to ensure the day-to-day operation of all assigned project staff including scheduling and review of work on the project is completed;
• Working with ITD, apply corporate standards for Information Technology, including formalized project management and methodology and gating. Provide guidance to the development of the project charter, project plan and schedule, and project documentation;
• Participate in the development of any procurement documentation such as RFI, RFQs and RFPs
• Performing other duties as required.
• Extensive knowledge of change management and organization development methodologies and principles
• Strong theoretical background knowledge related to adult education theory and application
• Experience leading change management components of large, transformative change projects preferably in public sector and/or unionized environments
• 3 – 5 years minimum experience applying change management methodologies and activities in variety of projects ranging in size, complexity and type
• Demonstrated experience creating and implementing change management strategies and plans, utilizing best practice principles, processes, and tools (including but not limited to: change impact assessments, training and development, communication, stakeholder management, and leadership alignment).
• Considerable experience in consulting and building credibility and strong relationships at all levels in an organization
• Experience in gaining buy-in and support from senior management on new approaches, change initiatives and implementation of best practice
• Demonstrated ability to function as a fully accountable change project lead and/or as a member of a change project team, dependent on circumstances
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate, recommend and document business process and technology change options. Ability to exercise discretion, judgement and work with a degree of autonomy.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including senior level briefings, reports and presentations
• Proficiency in various competencies that include highly developed human relations skills, with the ability to communicate, negotiate and develop solid internal and external relationships, and analytical and conflict resolution skills.
• Experience and knowledge of Public sector procurement process and policies. As it relates to "end to end" Supply Chain Management
• Knowledge of Supply Chain Management process would be considered an asset
• An organization change management certification will be considered an asset
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!