Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Java API Developer
Java API Developer (58750122)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Assess, research, and analyze business and system needs, exploring alternative options in order to recommend technology solutions and designs that meet sponsor needs and project life cycle (PLC) deliverables including, where applicable, component reusability, data sharing and security
• Prepare detailed technical specifications for small to medium projects in accordance with PLC, security and architecture documentation objectives
• Ensure thorough technical documentation in respect of test plans and all documentation required as part of the systems development life cycle (SDLC) process
• Develop detailed plan and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project. Provide overall module assistance for frontend and backend operations
• Enhance, debug, build interfaces for third party modules and applications to integrate with the Calypso vendor application. Develop on custom Calypso vendor application, as per the client’s requirement (skilled in Java, MQ, adapter technology using Oracle backend database)
• Perform performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions. Coordinates testing with external vendors, as/if required.
• Provide input and co-ordinates with database administrator in modifying existing database structures based on required functionality. Organize and participate in walkthrough reviews of all technical specifications, programs and unit test plans.
• 3-5 years’ experience In-depth knowledge of Java API, MQ, adapter technology using Oracle backend database
• Very Skilled in developing and maintaining interface designs for applications
• Experienced with working on development modules specifically on Linux operating systems
• Experience with trading applications with enterprise cross-asset platform impact; conversant with enterprise architecture and technology tools in the financial services industry
• 3 – 5 years of experience on applications with multiple functions, preferably Capital Markets or any Trading platform; worked on Treasury Applications related to forex, bonds, loans, swap products, interest rate products.
• Systems knowledge including different programming languages, multiple platforms, IT standards, methodologies, capability maturity model (CMM), audit requirements, and middleware technologies
• Undergraduate degree or College diploma
• Work experience of 1-2 years using the Calypso or Murex trading applications with familiarity with dealing with market traders on the exchange trading floor
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!