Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Business Intelligence Specialist
Business Intelligence Specialist (58991837)
Contract Duration: (7 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Development of client Business Intelligence (BI) technical team strategy artefacts
• Development of client’s specific technical BI policies, processes, standards, quality assurance and control measures, to further enhance and formalize the client’s BI program
• Provide subject matter expertise with the logical configuration of currently deployed SAP BI Suite solutions including Data Services, Universes, Web Intelligence reports, dashboards
• Provide subject matter expertise for data modelling efforts to support BI in TW
• Provide BI subject matter expertise, analysis, general project coordination and support for assessment and processing of incoming BI requests as assigned. During this work, recommend process and standards improvements and transfer knowledge to staff resources
• Develop relationships with stakeholders and manage expectations
• Perform quality assurance and control
• Coordinate and work directly with business clients and other client business units
• Gather and document detailed user and technical requirements
• Analyze data requirements for the systems
• Utilize a provided tracking system for project issues
• Support testing activities
• One or more of CAPM (Certified Associate Project Manager), PMP (Project Management Professional) designation, CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional), CCBA (Certification of Competency in Business Analysis), or equivalent education.
• 10+ years' experience in end to end provisioning of business intelligence solutions, in an analyst or project manager role with hands on experience.
• 3+ years' experience working on solutions using SAP Business Intelligence Business Objects suite including Web Intelligence, Universes, and Data Services
• 3+ years demonstrated project management experience (minimum 5 years) in all stages of complex information management projects managing scope, schedule, cost, quality and stakeholders, estimating resources and critical path identification in a large, diverse computing environment. Preference given to experience in utility and/or government organizations, and projects involving Business Intelligence.
• 5+ years’ experience developing and implementing BI related policies, processes, standards, quality assurance and control measures.
• 5+ years demonstrated experience building BI strategies for large, complex organizations.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Able to create and review effective data models for business intelligence.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!