Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Programmer Analyst
Programmer Analyst (58991944)
Contract Duration: (3 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Designing/developing applications
• Designing/developing sub-systems that are part of a larger more complex system
• Creating logical database designs and working with Database Analysts to ensure proper physical implementation
• Maintaining existing and/or creating applications and utilities
• Communicating/Managing and working with other client Department/Sections
• Treating employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (if applicable and within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the client as a service-provider and an employer
• A degree in Computer Science or related discipline, combined with related 8+ years of experience in systems development
• Familiarity with relevant programming languages, database design tools and data processing techniques
• Knowledge and experience with Oracle PL/SQL(Tables/Stored Procedures/Views/Indexes/Packages/Functions), Crystal Reports, ETL tools and techniques
• Experienced converting legacy VB applications using latest technology
• Sound judgment, excellent effective verbal and written communication skills, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Skilled in building customer rapport and confidence by providing exceptional end-user service and being end-user focused
• You must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!