Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Hybrid Mobile Developer
Hybrid Mobile Developer (58997524)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Documenting and analyzing requirements to translate business needs and requirements into engaging and compelling mobile and online experiences.
• Leading and conducting stakeholder and user testing of design concepts and conducting user acceptance testing of proposed for both native mobile and hybrid mobile interfaces. This will include developing user testing schedules, test scenarios, recruitment of test participants, and coordination of overall testing.
• Reviewing testing results and modifying the design/prototype based on these results.
• Interpreting and presenting usability testing results to appropriate committees and divisions
• Consolidating feedback reviewing best practices and preparing reports and recommendations based on the results
• Assisting with the development, documentation and communication of mobile and web usability policies, standards and procedures.
• Assisting with requirements, planning, deployment of the development of mobile applications advising on and developing client standards for usability, and working with business units to assess and document their mobile application and online needs.
• Development and implementation of a sustainment plan to manage the ongoing review and design evolution of the client’s mobile applications, both native and hybrid, ensuring they continue to integrate new features, be responsive to user needs and set the standard for municipal mobile applications.
• Conducting data gathering activities to assess user characteristics, requirements, needs, goals, and opportunities
• Determining data collection methods and tools (questionnaires, interview questions etc.).
• Analyzing test and requirements data, preparing results, and making recommendations based on this data.
• Assisting in developing and overseeing user interface designs, prototypes, and specifications across multiple mobile platforms while working with appropriate content, technical, and communication/divisional staff. Recommending how designs/prototypes can best reflect user needs and specifications, technical capabilities, and adherence to usability standards and guidelines.
• Developing and overseeing usability testing efforts and ensuring that all user interfaces undergo usability testing prior to release. Planning usability-testing activities for specific product releases and for incremental improvements to existing interfaces.
• Working with project team members and divisional staff, and act as a resource for other client initiatives to help inform them of mobile strategies, designs and direction around improving the user’s mobile and responsive web experience.
• 7+ years of 'progressively more responsible' experience working on web and mobile information technology projects that are large-scale or in complex environments, preferably municipal public sector.
• A minimum of 5+ years' experience working as a Mobile Software Development Specialist in a large enterprise environment using enterprise scale API integration. Experience in mobile and responsive web development projects for large public service organizations, preferably municipal, is required.
• 3+ years' experience working in mobile UX website and mobile (native and hybrid) development/design projects.
• 7+ years' experience leading enterprise responsive website and mobile (native and hybrid) development/design projects including content development for mobile screens, mobile design, mobile application construction, navigation and management.
• 5+ years' experience developing and implementing interactive media technologies (ie use of mobile device camera, local storage, etc) demonstrating a comprehensive grasp of mobile functionality and social media tools and issues.
• 5+ years' experience managing formal and informal usability testing, gathering user research and heuristic analysis and translating research into design decisions in support of enterprise mobile projects
• 5+ years' experience demonstrating the ability to participate in, co-ordinate and lead cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams producing innovative responsive web and mobile designs and strategies.
• 4+ years' experience in designing, implementing and testing using AODA WCAG 2.0, Level AA compliance.
• Demonstrated experience developing mobile (native and hybrid) solutions that take into account the capabilities of mobile web browsers and mobile OS’s across multiple platforms and the constraints involved in designing for media including the need for content to be accessible to a broad and diverse audience.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), presentation skills, analytical and problem-solving abilities, coaching and mentoring.
• Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects, work to overlapping deadlines and prioritize based on impact assessment.
• Demonstrated proficiency in user scenario test design and quality assurance scripting and results documentation
• 5+ years' experience using Microsoft Word; Excel, Visio; and Powerpoint.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!