||North York, ON
- Candidates must be local and authorized to work in Canada for any employer. No visa sponsorship is provided.
- Deadline for application submission Friday,October 13th 2017.
1 year contract.
Location: North York (subway/transit accessible area)
Our client is looking for a RPG developer.
- Support day to day operations of the existing RPG programs. Perform problem diagnosis, troubleshoot and resolve issues/problems as required
- Enhance the existing RPG programs to meet the business needs – design, develop, test, facilitate deployment of solutions and document solutions
- Perform functional analysis of the existing RPG programs to support various planning and project delivery needs
- Perform regular and ad-hoc maintenance and support needs
- Other duties as may be required
- Ability to program in newer version of RPG (RPG free)
- Ability to read and interpret RPG programs written in early version of RPG such RPGLE etc
- Ability to do interactive debugging
- Be able to use AS400 commands / utilities and navigate on AS400 systems
- Be able to use RPG command line interface
- Be able to support/maintain/extend green screens (use of DDS)
- Ability to interact with relational database through SQL queries
- Must have good communication skills
- Candidate must be able to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision.