Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Software and Infrastructure Tester
Software and Infrastructure Tester (59056508)
Contract Duration: (3 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Reviewing relevant project documentation (BRD, Design, Use Cases, etc.)
• Providing comments and identifying gaps, ambiguities, contradictions, etc. within the project documentation
• Designing and preparing appropriate test scenarios, test scripts and test data based upon the project documentation
• Verifying that the Test Environment matches the 'live' Production Environment prior to test execution
• Executing the performance tests and analyzing the test results
• Documenting and tracking the performance issues resulting from the tests
• Working cooperatively with other project team members during the performance testing of the IT Solution
• Attending testing related meeting(s) during testing period as required
• Attending other project meetings as required
• Reporting status of their testing to IT Test Lead
• Minimum of five years testing experience as a Performance Tester in large, complex projects within a web based application environment that comprises both internal and external (Cloud) components.
• Solid understanding of System Development Life Cycle and Testing Process.
• Demonstrated expertise in the field of quality assurance/quality control, test planning, and test execution.
• Extensive experience in creating test scenarios/test scripts for large, complex IT Solutions.
• Clear understanding of Business Requirements, Solution Design, Statement of Work, and Test Strategies documentation as they apply to projects.
• Extensive experience in performance testing.
• Experience in tracking problems and defects within a large, complex project.
• Experience in performance testing Java based web application solutions in a WebSphere environment preferred.
• Thorough understanding of a Windows Client Server Test Environment for web based applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
• Experience in all facets of testing (i.e. planning, documenting, test execution, reporting, defect management and resolution) is a definite asset.
• University/Community College degree in Computer Science/Electronic Engineering or equivalent is a definite asset.
• Certification in Software Quality Engineering or equivalent is a definite asset.
• Solid experience in executing Performance Tests and analyzing the results to provide reports to Management.
• Strong knowledge of testing methodologies (waterfall, agile).
• Experience in writing test documentation.
• Create reports for Management as needed.
• Extensive experience using HPE Performance Centre v12.x or later is mandatory.
• Extensive experience using HPE StormRunner v1.x or later is mandatory.
• Experience using HPE ALM v12.x or later is mandatory.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Windows 10 and MS Office 2013 including MS Access 2013.
• Understanding of Database technologies is an asset.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!