Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Metadata and Data Lineage Technical Architect
Metadata and Data Lineage Technical Architect (59105331)
Contract Duration: (2 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Review the planned hardware environment, fill in detail as required and prepare a solution/technical architecture and discuss/resolve any concerns with various client resources as appropriate.
• Identify and document naming conventions and standards to be used in the new environment.
• Obtain approvals for approach to security and connectivity and submit requests as necessary for access, security setup, firewall rules, etc.
• Work on installation/configuration preparation document and checklist and work with client resources as required to obtain information, access, support, etc., as needed to identify and satisfy all installation pre-requisites.
• Perform installation patching, configuration, connectivity, testing and validation of the environments and associated set up of source/target connectivity, interfaces with version control, job scheduling and other SDLC related interfaces and activities while maintaining complete step by step documentation.
• Install, patch and configure the full IBM InfoSphere Information Server suite.
• Establish and troubleshoot data connections to various databases and file systems
• Present and suggest examples of how other organizations leverage and customize IBM Metadata Server and IGC to meet their metadata management, data governance and data lineage needs.
• Review and discuss challenges/goals with IT and Business and translate this into requirements and recommendations to meet requirements.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• 7+ years’ experience with IBM Information Server
• Significant experience in a technical leadership role with IBM InfoSphere Information Governance Console, Metadata Server, Business Process Manager, DataStage and Information Analyzer.
• Experience with installation, configuration and operation of Information Metadata Asset Manager
• Knowledge of Information Server Manager and Fastrack is an asset as is experience working with SQL Server, DB2, Oracle and Mainframe.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!