Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for an Infrastructure Solution Architect
Infrastructure Solution Architect x2 (59128408)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Assess and analyze business strategy, business requirements, current state environment and technology choices to evaluate solution alternatives that meet business sponsor needs.
• Define end-to-end technical solutions that take into account the enterprise architecture strategies, current state environment and constraints. Analyzes the viability of the solution to meet program timeline, budget and quality.
• Work with Data Architecture, Security Architecture and Infrastructure SMEs to ensure that all aspects of the solution architecture are defined and elaborated.
• Present program solution architecture at the Architecture review board.
• Work with technical systems specialist, business systems specialists from the impacted application groups/3rd parties to understand the current state and constraints for defining the future state architecture & the interfaces.
• Develop the architecture artifacts (Solution Architecture Document, Architecture Decisions) as defined by the PMF/SDLC and reviews with Enterprise Architecture, Lead Architects, Business Architects and the key program stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical area of study (computer science, mathematics, engineering, etc.) or other BS/BA degree with a concentration in computer science or information systems
• Operating Systems (Windows, AIX, Linux)
• Virtualization (Citrix, VMware, Hyper-V)
• Security (Identify and Access Management, Authentication and Authorization, Active Directory)
• Storage fabrics (NAS, SAN, replication technologies)
• Network topology (routers, switches, load balancers, secure gateways)
• Database systems (SQL, Oracle, DB2)
• Solid knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks (i.e., TOGAF, Zachman etc.)
• Expert knowledge of different architecture/design techniques (i.e., OO, Top-down, structured analysis, component-based design) and tools (i.e., RSM, RSA).
• Advanced ability to apply industry/technical knowledge to provide solutions that increase business results and/or minimize risk regarding the integration of applications across multiple product systems and delivery channels.
• Advanced ability to quickly evaluate options, make decisions and execute within an intense high-tech environment
• Expert documentation, written and verbal communication skills.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!