Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Service Desk Analyst
Service Desk Analyst (59130989)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
Reporting to the Supervisor - Service Desk, the incumbent is responsible for providing first line computer hardware and software support, including incident identification, recording, classification, initial support, investigation and diagnosis, resolution and recovery, incident closure, ownership, tracking, monitoring and communication, to ensure service levels are maintained. The incumbent must strive to quickly resolve technical disruptions in service and provide effective responses to user inquiries. The Service Desk is the single point of contact for the organization when interacting with the IT-Services Department (Incident Management Process) and as such, Service Desk Analysts will be responsible for incidents/problems related to the hardware, software and network environment. The incumbent will be required to effectively diagnose and resolve technical problems that arise. Resolution will include escalation of incidents to the appropriate divisions within I.T. Services or to external vendors. Follow up entails timely feedback to our clients as per agreed service levels. The incumbent should have a general understanding of the Commission’s hardware, software and telecommunication technologies. Excellent customer service and customer relations are required.
• Requires knowledge of the information technology, with specific experience related to Service Desk Practices and Principles as well as some experience in SharePoint and Web Design.
• The incumbent must have a strong customer service focus.
• Well-developed problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills are required as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
• These skills and knowledge would normally be acquired by obtaining a University Degree / Community College Diploma in Information Technology combined with directly related work experience.
• Must be willing to work towards completing required certifications such as: A+ and Network +, Help Desk Institute - HDI (Help Desk Analyst Certification), MOUS, and ITIL Essentials.
• Must have the ability to co-ordinate all activities of the Service Desk, ensuring that customer service is not compromised.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!