Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Cyber Security Specialist
Cyber Security Specialist (59132525)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Perform security review(s): TRA, VA, technology review, application review, architecture review, project review, RFP evaluation
• Develop and maintain Cyber Security governance, policies, guidelines, procedures, standards and safeguards.
• Specify IT security products and processes.
• Direct the review, development, testing and implementation of Cyber Security plans, products and controls.
• Conduct research to aid in the security risk assessment of the client’s operations, capital projects, and IT systems.
• Regularly review the enterprise for weaknesses in IT controls and procedures, and recommend measures to eliminate or mitigate same.
• Provide subject matter expert support/consultation to RFP design and evaluations, as directed.
• Provide strategic guidance regarding the appropriate use of new technologies (SaaS, BYOD, Cloud), the threat landscape and areas of potential concern.
• Maintain up-to-date, in-depth knowledge of cyber security and associated techniques and technologies, and disseminate this knowledge within the function and, where appropriate, within the wider IT team.
• Clearly translate cyber security and information security challenges into business language
• Expert knowledge in Application Security (12+ years)
• Hands-On Experience conducting security risk assessment (10+years)
• Hands-On Experience conducting application vulnerability assessment/penetration test (10+ years)
• Current experience in Cloud Security and the evaluation/review/RFP of cloud based service such as Amazon Web Services, Salesforce in a public sector environment
• Current experience in API security in a public sector environment
• Current, Hands-On Experience conducting TRA using Harmonized methodology
• Experience working in the government/public sector (4+ years)
• Experience developing and assessing security architecture (10+ years)
• Experience implementing Security policies, procedures and processes (4-8 years)
• Experience in various security technology/tools in the areas of SIEM, VA, code review
• Current experience in external contract/vendor RFP (both Cloud and on Premise): security requirements, evaluation, due diligence and review (5+ years)
• Professional designation such as CISSP, CISM, CRISC and PMP
• Current Government Security Clearance
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!