Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Business Analyst
JP22838 – Business Analyst (59300025)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Owns the facilitation and end-to-end delivery of business requirements following an agile and structured approach to determine how requirements are constructed, traced and prioritized to maximize business value.
• Applies a variety of elicitation techniques to probe, challenge and understand requirements.
• Leads a diverse range of stakeholders; communicates effectively by adapting style and technique to a diverse audience.
• Provides leadership, guidance and support in defining the business needs, business benefits, or problem/opportunity statements based on strategic drivers and identifying potential solutions
• Contributes to the delivery of the Business Case by collaborating with stakeholders defining project benefits measures and effort estimates to achieve benefit results/objectives
• Identifies, validates and documents current state processes working with the business and stakeholders to design the desired future state
• Forecast, define and manage the requirements effort including cost and timeline. Engage, enable and lead stakeholders to final agreement and signoff of the business requirements.
• Ensure traceability of requirements to benefits realization throughout project
• Collaborate with technology partners and provide recommendations to support development of: system requirements and design, testing plans, artifacts/deliverables to ensure business needs are met
• Identify risks or issues with technology solution or design which may impact realization of project benefits and provide guidance and support to stakeholders in making good decisions to pro-actively resolve or mitigate potential risks/delays to the project
• 5-7+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst in Retirement Products
• 5-7+ years BA experience in a variety of projects/markets on multidisciplinary teams
• Project management experience for high-risk, high-visibility, large- scale projects
• Advanced Communication skills including superior facilitation, presentation, and negotiating skills
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or a related discipline
• Business Analysis accreditation
• Expert knowledge of business analysis, project delivery practices and standards across the project life-cycle
• Strong leadership skills, ability to interact with all levels in a constructive manner
• Good judgment, understanding of what issues to escalate, what to resolve on your own, make suggestions for possible resolution
• Versatile self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently with superior attention to detail
• Broad business, organizational and operational knowledge across the Enterprise.
• Comfortable working at all levels of the organization
• Superior impact and influence skills to effectively engage and manage all stakeholders and recommend creative and strategic solutions
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!