Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Business Systems Analyst
Business Systems Analyst (59305722)
Contract Duration: (18 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Provide expertise and support to the technical teams and business clients throughout the enterprise by conducting in-depth analysis and summary.
• Participate in projects, forums, and working groups varying in scope and complexity.
• Conduct quality assurance reviews of work completed by other technical team members
• Maintain effective working relationships with the business to discuss and resolve issues, understand current state and business processes, identify future needs and opportunities to fully support business data and report needs.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
• Conduct system, integration and data analysis;
• Interface between IT and Business stakeholders to facilitate discussion, work on findings and translate requirements to technical specifications.
• Interface between development and database teams to provide innovative and efficient approaches to solutioning technical requirements on Mainframe.
• Interface with Quality Assurance (QA) to investigate defects, provide clarification and ensure solution alignment to technical requirements/artifacts.
• Facilitate discussion with SMEs to obtain sign-offs;
• Work on reports and presentation materials
• 10+ years’ experience as a systems analyst
• Post-secondary education in a technology related field, business administration or related field
• 5+ years working either in support and/or project roles for Mainframe solutions
• Proven experience with end-to-end business process mapping, business and technical requirements analysis, business planning, modeling, verification and methodology and product development.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills to effectively build relationships and support decisions
• Analytical, evaluation and problem-solving skills, to assess client requirements and translate these into functional and information documentation (e.g. re process/IT requirements and changes).
• Influential skills include conflict management, negotiation and facilitation skills to act as a consultant in various forms to resolve issues, diffuse conflicts and handle escalated sensitive issues from team members and to alert project sponsors of serious repercussions.
• Knowledge and understanding of systems analysis and design principles, practices, methods and techniques.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!