Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Finance IT Architect
Finance IT Architect (59317820)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Assess and analyze business strategy, business requirements, current state environment and technology choices to evaluate solution alternatives that meet business sponsor needs. Work with technical systems specialists, business systems specialists from the impacted application groups/third parties to understand the current state and constraints for defining the future state architecture and the interfaces.
• Define end-to-end technical solutions that take into account the enterprise architecture strategies, current state environment and constraints. Work with Project Managers, Group Managers and assist in the development of the program roadmap.
• Work with Data Architecture, Security Architecture and Infrastructure SME’s to ensure that all aspects of the solution architecture are defined and elaborated. Review details designs in order to ensure compliance with the solution architecture. Analyze the viability of the solution to meet program timeline, budget and quality. Resolve technical issues and escalate as appropriate.
• Serve as the lead technical authority on the program responsible for planning all activities leading to the development of the overall solution architecture. Provide critical thinking, technical leadership to the program right from the idea creation stage.
• Provide input, guidance and direction for the development of project-level solution architecture.
• Develop architecture artifacts (solution architecture document, architecture decisions) as defined by the project management framework (PMF) and software development cycle (SDLC). Review documents with Enterprise Architecture, Lead Architects, Business Architects and key program stakeholders.
• Identify possible third-party vendor solutions and lead the technical evaluation of the identified vendor solution. Participate in the evaluation of third-party vendors and software as well as due diligence exercises.
• Develop and present solution alternatives along with recommendations to senior leaders. Present program solution architecture at the Architecture review board.
• Experience developing and integrating large solutions involving multiple systems and technologies.
• Leader, keen and able to inspire, motivate, mentor a large diverse group of developers.
• Agent of and committed to change; be persistent in the challenging task of transforming a large established organization.
• Realistic attitude as you will be called to also perform architectural certifications and other bureaucratic processes mandated by our organization.
• Knowledge of the banking and financial services industry including operations, technology and the business environment.
• Participate in open source, on GitHub and stack overflow.
• Experience in transforming large organizations, e.g. agile.
• Good sense of humor.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!