Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a QA Test Analyst
QA Test Analyst (59333921)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
Responsibilities will range from analyzing requirements, creating Quality Assurance plan, ensuring completion of QA identified activities, creating test plans and test cases for system testing, executing test cases, documenting problem reports for identified problems, performing regression testing, maintaining test logs and producing test metrics based on test results. Ensure that the execution of QA processes and testing strategies lead to the deployment of quality applications and products to client users and customers. Analyze project or requirement documents to identify test requirements. Review all relevant project documentation and provide feedback as required. Contribute to the planning, executing and reporting for the program testing activities. Identify and recommend changes to enhance effectiveness of software development life cycle. There will also be technical responsibilities of configuring hardware for the purpose of troubleshooting when investigating issues or problems specific to each project. Duties will also include support of related various Capital and Operating Initiatives
• Minimum of 5 years QA experience with multi-layer architectural applications and complex enterprise and/or industrial applications.
• Excellent communication skills, ability to quickly ramp up understanding of underlying technologies.
• Understanding QA processes based on CMMI and/or ISO standards. Knowledge of various testing methodologies (waterfall, agile)
• Extensive experience in assessing and reviewing business and system requirements, requirement analysis, verification, traceability, gap analysis, risks.
• Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts, related technologies and testing approach/methods
• Understanding of ETL processes and extensive experience in ETL processes testing with various dimensional models of data warehouse and complex business rules for sources to target data mapping
• Hands on experience in testing with various relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle) as well as flat files based data, including binary and encrypted data
• Experience in automation of testing for data warehouse, databases, and data quality. Development of testing scripts (HP UFT, QTP, Perl, Shell, etc.) for testing of complex ETL business logic, output data and log files parsing/analysis.
• Experience with testing of applications/dashboards developed with MicroStrategy BI tool.
• MS SharePoint and Team Foundation Server experience
• Understanding of Data Quality Assurance principles
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!