Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Senior QC Test Engineer
Senior QC Test Engineer (59334503)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Lead the Test/CI Team
• Manage the methods of deployment (development, testing and production) and the processes and tools required to execute those deployments.
• Manage the continuous integration systems used to build PBS software products.
• Manage the software development tools used by the development team and ensure they are scalable and failure proof.
• Create failure management processes and tools so outages can be handled without causing a loss of delivery.
• Champion changes to tools and processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the development team.
• Manage issue tracking and agile development tools (HPE ALM, Atlassian JIRA, etc.).
• Automate parts of the development delivery process using scripts and other appropriate tools.
• Document processes and user guides for integrated tools and scripts.
• Devise and develop analytical methods and tools to measure the efficiency of products and processes.
• Advise on new technologies and methodologies considering emerging technologies and tools
• Perform Test Planning, Test estimation and Scheduling
• Manage the Test Team members during the Test Phases.
• Conducts meeting with associated stake holders for any issues or queries or any clarifications
• Ensures the Tools and Test Environment set up readiness before conducting Test Execution
• Supports the Team in generating the Test Reports and Monitor the Daily Test Reports
• Guides the Team in Defect Logging and Tracking and Reporting and Monitoring
• Support UAT team in conducting UAT with the support from QA Team
• Collecting metrics on day to day basis and perform root cause analysis
• Reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
• Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
• BS in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or equivalent preferred.
• Certification in Software Quality Engineering or equivalent is a definite asset.
• 7+ year's software quality assurance testing background. Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
• A proven track record of both application release and project QA delivery across a wide variety of large, complex multi-platform technologies.
• Demonstrated success in delivering testing services for in-house developed applications as well as third-party products, with complex integration testing.
• Experience with a wide variety of software development methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, RUP, Waterfall including recent experience working in an Agile environment
• Experience implementing test automation strategies and frameworks
• Must have a good working knowledge of deployment and configuration technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Chef).
• Must have a good working knowledge of source control technologies (e.g. Git, subversion).
• Significant Experience with current and emerging testing methodologies that include continuous integration, continuous deployment and DevOps
• Experience and/or knowledge of security solutions preferred.
• Solid experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
• Strong experience with testing of web services and APIs is mandatory.
• Performance (load/stress) testing experience using HPE Performance Center and JMeter
• Experience leading QA professionals, providing the necessary coaching and growth
• Analytic and problem-solving capability, abstract reasoning skills, and persistent with strong attention to detail and ability to think "outside the box".
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills, ability to gather and understand requirements.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!