Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Guidewire Developer
JP22446 - Guidewire Developer/Configurator (59396101)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• As a member of a development team, designs and develops new applications and services, or integrates them, depending on the nature of the projects.
• Makes the necessary corrections and improvements to ensure the development of existing applications. Complies with current norms and standards, and uses appropriate methods.
• Works on very complex applications with minimal supervision.
• Enjoys significant autonomy and advises the object developers on the team.
• Recommends improvements to existing methods and standards.
• Has in depth knowledge of an area of expertise, which he helps monitor.
• Is considered an expert and a leader in one or several technologies or applications.
• Designs, codes, tests and debugs complex applications and develops their environments.
• Appropriately documents the code by applying current norms and standards.
• Writes/updates documentation (deliverables) according to current methods.
• Analyzes the code and complex problems pertaining to the logic of existing systems, notifies the software analyst and recommends solutions.
• May conduct complex impact analyses and take part in software design (segmentation, sequence diagrams, class diagrams).
• Takes part in effort assessments of complex developments, validates estimates and communicates discrepancies during the project.
• Identifies and promotes the reuse of components.
• Validates the technical feasibility of functional files, and identifies the risk areas.
• Conducts complex unit tests (using tools such as JUnit), integrated tests and functional tests, pursuant to current methodologies and processes.
• Is familiar with, takes part in and supports the various test series (performance, systems and acceptance tests).
• Is familiar with the process of unit testing, and ensures it is followed and applied.
• Is familiar with and applies continuous integration processes.
• Performs tasks related to deliveries (configuration management) and implementations.
• Acts as coach, supports and trains the object developers, as needed.
• Supports the users of the applications to which he is assigned.
• Supports Production to resolve urgent problems (telephone support, correction of production data or processes).
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!