Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a IT Operations Analyst
IT Operations Analyst (59421443)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Participate in change activity for the team.
• Ensure that all activities are reviewed, updated and assigned accordingly on a daily basis
• Enforce the ‘no activity record’ implies ‘no change’ mind set
• Performs hardware refreshes as required
• Ensure SM9 change queue is updated to accurately reflect current deployment status
• Maintain SM9 Change queues ensuring records are applied in the appropriate change windows
• Perform activities related to new hostnames, Logging parameters, ACS template, VLAN creation, deletion, modification, Port Channel, Interface descriptions, changes to SNMP traps, CDP, switchport mode, spanning tree, Routing domain modifications, Passive-interface, Access-List, Prefix-List, SNMP traps and Community strings, Banners, Privilege exec, SPAN,
• Installs Vendor code upgrades and OS patch upgrades in Cisco in prescribed maintenance windows across the enterprise
• Utilize automation tools such as Cisco Works wherever/whenever possible as a means to automate work effort
• 2 to 4 years of related experience
• In-depth knowledge with network hardware and software; Cisco hardware and software
• Ability to use troubleshooting tools: Cisco ‘show’ and “privilege exec” commands, ping, traceroute, nslookup, etc.
• PC software related to daily functions, ie: Outlook, Excel, Word, Infoblox, SecureCRT
• Timely and Accurate recording of SM9 entries, SM9 Tickets, Emails
• Create and maintain documentation, ie. Ongoing process/procedural PRP’s, process docs (checklists) and procedures on SharePoint
• DNS: Infoblox
• Alerting/ event management tools: Spectrum
• R&S responsibilities: Cisco network,
• Technical understanding in a variety of hardware and software platforms.
• University or College Degree in Computer Science or a related field
• ITIL v3: Foundations, Operational Support and Analysis
• Technical Certification in an IT area
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!