Please send application to email@example.com
Local applicants only please for this role. Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada for any employer.
Job Type: Permanent fulltime.
Our client is looking to hire a Devops/ Security Engineer.
Support and maintain operational software and infrastructure.
• Directly performs software and infrastructure operational management. This includes not only managing existing applications, but also helping guide the direction of development projects with feature and technology suggestions/discussions.
• Maintains and enhances existing infrastructure, with particular regards to operational effectiveness (performance and uptime) and security. The abilities to pre-empt as well as diagnose and solve issues are critical.
• Comfortable and/or willing to learn all aspects of the technology stack – primary AWS based.
• Monitors applications for any abnormalities and looks for areas to improve availability and speed of the applications.
• Keeps up to date on the latest industry trends.
• Works effectively with the product development and quality teams during all stages of application development – conceptualize, design, document, build, test, and release.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience managing operations and security of software and infrastructure in a production environment.
• Security certification preferred: e.g. CISSP, GIAC certification, CompTIA Security+, CCNA Security, CISA or CISM.
• Experience with managing operational client / server applications hosted on cloud services, with a preference for AWS.
• Experience with developing software tools to fulfill the operation needs for services in production is preferred.
• Experience with managing cloud hosted NoSQL and SQL databases
• Experience managing and monitoring infrastructure for security, availability and performance including log monitoring, user management, network access controls, HTTP, TLS and network protocols.
• Ability to work effectively with little supervision and strong attention to detail in a team environment.
• Individual must be highly motivated and self-directed.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of, or willingness to learn and perform within, quality management systems is highly desirable.