Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Business Systems Analyst
Business Systems Analyst (59465275)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Leads detailed analysis and design phases identifying, tracking, escalating and/or resolving business systems issues.
• Research, analyze and document sponsor/stakeholder needs in accordance with Project Life Cycle and SDLC deliverables.
• Analyzes Business requirements and creates documentation such as system requirements, data catalogues and use cases according to client E2E processes.
• Recommends business solutions that satisfy sponsor/stakeholder needs - continually exploring and assessing options for value-add.
• Together with other members of the project team, including Project Manager, Application Development Manager and/or Technical Systems Analysts, determines the best mix of development, interfacing applications and third-party vendor solutions to meet business requirements and project objectives.
• Contributes to successful project completion within budget and on time by identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies.
• Develops detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of Requirements and Acceptance phases of projects.
• Provides input for testing with QA team and for UAT with business team(s).
• Require excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to build rapport with team members, stakeholders, IT and business partners.
• Ability to translate technical requirements and jargon into business terms and vice versa.
• Can effectively facilitate small to large meetings and conducts information gathering sessions.
• Prepares and delivers presentations to business partners, IT partners and senior management, selecting the appropriate approach based on the audience.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst or Business Systems Analyst.
• Experience working on projects implementing application and technical solutions for business users.
• Business Analysis certification and/or completion of BA training courses an asset.
• Strong analytical skill set - have the ability to transform business logic described in requirements to use cases and the ability to trace and analyze data back to its origination.
• Strong knowledge of fundamental data concepts
• Proficient with use of End to End Requirements (E2E) methodology.
• Ability to deal with conflict and issue resolution and escalation
• Worked in projects utilizing Iterative Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies.
• Experience working on projects such as RDARR, Basel II or III, IFRS9 or other Credit Risk or Group Risk Management programs is an asset.
• Understanding of credit risk management concepts and practices.
• Use of data catalogues and understanding of the concept of data models.
• Experience working with large sets of data and using tools such as MS Excel, Datameer, SQL queries for data comparison and analysis.
• Understanding of IT SDLC methodology, change management and information security and audit requirements
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!