Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for an Open Data User Experience Specialist
Open Data User Experience Specialist (59504824)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Documenting and analyzing requirements to translate business needs and requirements into engaging and compelling on-line experiences.
• Leading and conducting stakeholder and user testing of design concepts and conducting user acceptance testing of proposed sites and interfaces. This will include developing user testing schedules, test scenarios, recruitment of test participants, and coordination of overall testing.
• Analyzing site metrics and site user behaviour that will inform the site redesign process
• Reviewing testing results and modifying the design/prototype based on these results
• Interpreting and presenting usability testing results to appropriate client committees and divisions
• Consolidating feedback reviewing best practices and preparing reports and recommendations based on the results
• Assisting with the development, documentation and communication of web usability policies, standards and procedures.
• Assisting with requirements, planning, deployment and conversion of the current websites to the new design including advising on and developing client standards for usability, and working with business units to assess and document their website needs.
• Development and implementation of a sustainment plan to manage the ongoing review and design evolution of the client’s websites ensuring they continue to integrate new features, be responsive to user needs and set the standard for municipal websites.
• Conducting data gathering activities to assess user characteristics, requirements, needs, goals, and opportunities
• Determining data collection methods and tools (questionnaires, interview questions etc.)
• Analyzing test and requirements data, preparing results, and making recommendations based on this data.
• Assisting in developing and overseeing user interface designs, prototypes, and specifications across multiple platforms while working with appropriate content, technical, and communication/divisional staff. Recommending how designs/prototypes can best reflect user needs and specifications, technical capabilities, and adherence to usability standards and guidelines.
• Developing and overseeing usability testing efforts and ensuring that all user interfaces undergo usability testing prior to release. Planning usability-testing activities for specific product releases and for incremental improvements to existing interfaces.
• 2+ years of experience working on large-scale web development projects.
• 2+ years of experience working as a User Experience Specialist conducting usability testing and heuristic analysis and delivering intuitive, user-friendly, accessible web site designs and content.
• 3+ years of experience working on website development/design projects using web content management system, preferably WordPress, and data visualization technology.
• 3+ years of experience demonstrating the ability to participate in, co-ordinate and lead cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams producing innovative web designs and strategies and data visualizations.
• Demonstrated knowledge of civic issues, municipal government business services, and government open data
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
• Experience working with various user experience design tools
• Proficiency with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
• Expert knowledge of User Experience Design principles
• Knowledge of AODA (Accessibility) standards as applied to web content and web sites
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!