Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Wireless LAN Specialist
Wireless LAN Specialist (59505222)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Assist in development of business and technical requirements
• Assist in the development of network planning
• Assist in configuration and connectivity activities including test planning and cutover activities
• Accountable to Management to ensure project commitments and deliverables are met.
• Authors and maintains network documentation, including but not limited to standards, processes, security, topology, and inventory, to ensure high quality service and support on an ongoing basis
• Perform architectural planning and design, as well as configuration and integration support within project delivery and ongoing consultative engagements
• Participate in or lead complex network design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects
• Plan and lead broad-scope network projects, ensuring their timely and successful completion
• Gather, analyze, and evaluate business requirements and constraints, evaluate existing conditions, develop technical requirements, develop design document and drawings, develop implementation plan and configuration sets, develop verification/testing plan, create/update as-built network drawings
• Develop and document network architecture standards and strategies to promote the long-term stability, efficiency, and effectiveness of the client facilities network
• Prepare network design reports and technical memos as required
• Post-secondary education in computer science, information technology, or related discipline
• Experience working with and/or within a (ICS) Industrial Control Systems environment
• Experience within a (ICS) Industrial Control Systems environment within the manufacturing or Water/Wastewater Treatment sectors
• Cisco Certified Network Professional or Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert is a must have
• Cisco Wireless Field Engineer (FE) Specialization, CWNA, CWSP, CWDP, CWAP is a must have
• Minimum of 3 years Cisco wireless design, configuration, implementation, and testing experience
• Minimum of 5 years Cisco routing and switching engineering experience
• Experience performing active RF Site Surveys/Spectrum Analysis with AirMagnet Spectrum Analyzer or Ekahau tools
• Demonstrated experience in designing and deploying key WLAN applications including secure mobility, voice over WLAN, location based services and guest access in high density, high traffic WiFi Networks
• Experience design, implementation, and troubleshooting Cisco LWAPP/CAPWAP wireless in large scale Network environment and strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with wireless packet captures and analysis (WireShark/AirPCAP)
• Strong understanding of general network security
• Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!