Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a DW ETL Specialist
DW ETL Specialist (59508921)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Conduct discussions with the business analyst, end users and technical team to validate and detail requirements and data sources. Create the data warehouse/mart diagram, the logical data model, and implement the physical data warehouse/mart data model.
• Design data structures to develop and stage a sustainable ETL solution as well as ETL execution and monitoring Framework suited to Business Intelligence and data visualization solutions using SSIS, DQS, MDS and other MS SQL Server 2012 components.
• Design, integrate, build and test data mappings for populating operational data stores, data warehouses and data marts with thorough profiling of source data.
• Actively participate in analysis workshops with business stakeholders to incorporate business requirements into resultant dimensional models and ETL design.
• Use Data Quality Services and Master Data Services to identify and resolve data quality and data integration issues.
• Ensure on-going knowledge transfer, mentoring and training to the sustainment team.
• Support data governance initiatives by participating in activities including data profiling, enforcement of business rules and adoption of industry best practices.
• Ensure commitment to data and information quality by developing and publishing data standards such as a common business vocabulary, naming conventions, design patterns, data standards and data transformation rules.
• Ensure the development and documentation of business and technical metadata, data dictionary and other related artefacts together with development of best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing and other ETL-related processes while maintaining a framework of process re-usability.
• Establish DBA related best practices for solution performance optimization, security, reliability, availability and scalability for MS SQL Server 2012 data platform.
• Minimum BA/BS with a concentration in (but not limited to) Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Relevant professional designations / certifications will be an asset.
• 5+ years development experience using the following technologies: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 Integration Services (SSIS) with preference for SQL Server 2012 experience.
• 5+ years' experience in designing and implementing data warehouse/mart data modelling, multidimensional database design and OLAP Cubes.
• 5+ years' experience in understanding different data sources, data integration from several data sources and handling data quality.
• 5+ years' experience of designing and developing ETL processes and ETL execution and monitoring frameworks with SSIS 2005, 2008, or 2012 with preference for SSIS 2012 experience.
• 3+ years developing Business Intelligence solutions (reports, dashboards, scorecards) using Microsoft SSRS, SSAS, and MDX in a data warehousing environment using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SharePoint BI Centre.
• 3+ years' experience in Master Data Management. This should include experience in installing, configuring and administering MDS/DQS.
• Experience working with Oracle, SQL Server and SAP data sources.
• Experience in DW & BI solution development in public sector, particularly municipal environment will be an advantage.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!