Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for an Analyst
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Generate accurate and complete reports to measure and report on market risk and ensure that all risk reports are submitted as per reporting guideline
• Provide analysis, reporting and monitoring of risk exposure and adhere to Trading Risk Standard with regards to violations and escalation of production issues
• Execute infrastructure changes with regards to implementation of new or revised trading business and risk policies or processes and ensure that changes are executed in accordance with Capital Markets Risk Management change control procedures and EUC standards
• Ensure regulatory risks within portfolios covered are correctly measured, aggregated, and analyzed in accordance with established and approved market risk policies
• Perform ad-hoc analyses of specific risk metrics/transactions as required by management
• Liaise closely with the client’s front office traders, Trading Business Management, Market Risk Control, Compliance audit, technology groups, and other stakeholders to assist in meeting the client’s objectives
• Managing operational risk (e.g., cross-training, documentation, and audit).
• Propose, schedule, plan and champion projects to improve efficiency in order to provide more effective business support
• Proficient with MS Excel
• Knowledge of derivative products, emerging regulations (Volker, IHC, etc.) and market risk metrics.
• Knowledge in data processing techniques and their application to management control information systems would be an asset.
• Strong quantitative background.
• Self-motivated, well organized and positive attitude.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
• Undergraduate degree
• CFA and/or FRM an asset
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!