Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Senior Technical Systems Analyst
Senior Technical Systems Analyst (Lead Developer) (59599311)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Prepare high level and detailed technical specifications for the project in accordance with SDLC, security and architecture documentation objectives and participate in walkthrough reviews of specifications and technical designs
• Participate in meetings, provide inputs to presentations, and provide consulting services to business partners and IT cross-functional teams
• Manage individual priorities, deadlines and deliverables and continually optimize IT and operations costs
• Work closely with members of the development team (including offshore, if any) and QA teams to review requirements and implement solutions
• Employ agile development practices including test and deployment automation as well as Continuous Integration using Jenkins or other similar tools, to improve overall execution speed and product quality.
• Think through challenging and interesting problems and solve them with your team.
• Partner with infrastructure and business teams in order to design solutions and resolve business system issues (i.e. workflow solutions, batch cycle troubleshooting, technical interface issues, software issues, etc.)
• Work with the operations team to take code to production and ensure excellent performance and reliability.
• Be a key partner to the business and the rest of the team throughout the delivery cycle.
• B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field (e.g. EE, physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
• Proficient with Java technologies and ecosystem: Java, Maven, jUnit.Spring frameworks, Maven, jUnit, REST API; and Client side rendering framework, NPM, CSS preprocessor.
• 5+ years’ experience building software for the financial services industry (banking, investments) through projects to support an enterprise-wide environment.
• Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems as a developer or system administrator and knowledge of Unix/Linux scripting languages.
• Experience using SCM tools such as SVN, GitHub, CA Harvest
• Experience working with applications (and web application architectures), using all or most of the following technologies and environments – SQL Databases, Application Servers and Servlet Containers, Windows and Linux platforms
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes and testing, and technical documentation
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to transform business logic described in business requirements into solutions that include integration between distributed and/or third-party servers, database servers and vendor solutions
• Strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!