Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Senior UI Developer
Senior UI Developer (59599423)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Prepare detailed technical specifications for the project in accordance with SDLC, for common security and architecture documentation objectives and participate in walkthrough reviews of specifications and technical designs
• Participate in meetings, provide inputs to presentations, and provide consulting services to business partners and IT cross-functional teams
• Manage individual priorities, deadlines and deliverables and continually optimize IT and operations costs
• Work closely with members of the development team (including offshore, if any) and QA teams to review requirements and implement solutions
• Employ agile development practices for UI delivery including test and deployment automation using Jenkins or other similar tools, to improve overall execution speed and product quality.
• Work with the operations team to take code to production and ensure excellent performance and reliability.
• Be a key partner to the business and the rest of the team throughout the delivery cycle.
• B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field (e.g. EE, physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
• Proficient with Java technologies and ecosystem: Java, Maven, jUnit.Spring frameworks, Maven, jUnit, REST API; and Client side rendering framework, NPM, CSS preprocessor.
• 3+ years’ experience building software for the financial services industry (banking, investments) through projects to support an enterprise-wide environment.
• Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems as a developer.
• Experience using SCM tools such as SVN, GitHub, CA Harvest
• Experience working with applications (and web application architectures) and interfacing with SQL databases, Application Servers and Servlet Containers, Windows and Linux platforms
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes and testing, and technical documentation
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to transform business logic described in business requirements into solutions that include integration between distributed and/or third-party servers, database servers and vendor solutions
• Strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!