Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a BI Specialist
BI Specialist (59602885)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Work with Network Big Data CoE team members, Network Engineering, Operations as well as other client Businesses to understand and analyze business needs and design and develop data solutions by exploring data sources, analytics approaches to be used, e.g. mining, forecasting, visualization, etc. and execute to address the business needs
• Explore new sources of information to uncover new business opportunities at all levels of the business (strategic to operational)
• Exercise leading edge analytics skills in data visualization, mining, forecasting, etc. to address business needs
• Work with and present to all management levels
• Maintain and expand your knowledge of BI and current technology through training opportunities
• Work in an agile environment and contribute to the improvement of our development processes
• A Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science, math, applied science/engineering, or equivalent
• Advanced level skills with multiple analytical tools such as SAS, Microstrategy, R, SAP Business Objects, Tableau etc.
• 5 to 8 years of great working experience using MicroStrategy suite of products
• 5 to 8 years of great working experience administrating MicroStrategy suite of products.
• Advanced skills with SQL and database systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata
• Experience with ETL technologies and approaches
• Highly analytical skills and ability to work with large and complex technical data sets
• Ability to leverage insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies and make recommendations
• Knowledge of, and preferably experience with, Big Data and/or software development, and/or developing visualization tools
• Ability to work with a team towards common goals
• Able to manage multiple projects and priorities
• Self-starter who is comfortable working with and presenting to all management levels
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!