Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Network Security Analyst
Network Security Analyst (59659286)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Provides consulting services on new initiatives (small to large of varying complexity).
• Assesses researches and analyzes business and system needs, exploring alternative options to recommend technology solutions and designs that meet sponsor needs and PLC deliverables including component reusability, data sharing and security.
• Develops proposals for senior management.
• Leads detailed design phases for small to large projects/ programs identifying, tracking and resolving technical issues.
• Prepares high level and detailed technical specifications for small to medium projects in accordance with PLC, security and architecture documentation objectives.
• Together with the Project Manager, determines best mix of development, interfacing applications, third party vendor solutions to meet business requirements and project objectives.
• Contributes to successful project completion by identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies.
• Organizes and participates in walkthrough reviews of all technical specifications, programs and unit test plans.
• Develops, codes, documents and executes unit test, system, integration and acceptance test using different languages and testing tools for functions of high complexity.
• Ensures adequate technical documentation and training material.
• Develops detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project.
• Develops master distribution lists, implementation and contingency plans ensuring verification is performed.
• Manages joint development, testing and plans and co-ordinates implementations
• Performs disaster recovery for entire system in different situations.
• Performs performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions.
• Provides on-call support of network appliances and a security role for applications
• Effectively communicates and builds rapport with team members, stakeholders and interface groups using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to close.
• Experience installing, configuring and administering CheckPoint and Palo Alto Networks firewalls
• Network Security experience in a mid to large organization
• Experience planning and executing change using the ITIL framework
• In depth and current technical knowledge of IP Internet working and the security exposures and mitigating designs and processes associated with them. Thorough understanding of traditional and next generation network security technologies to identify and combat internal and external threats while delivering a secure, scalable and consistent service.
• Checkpoint certification is an asset
• ITIL Foundation certified
• Palo Alto Certified
• CISSP an asset
• Communication Skills
• Presentation Skills
• Experience in network security technology
• Strong understanding of networking fundamentals
• Strong understanding of security exposures and mitigating designs
• IT Standards, Methodologies, CMM and audit requirements
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!