Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for an Oracle Developer
Oracle Developer (59663291)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Create Oracle database application design specifications from concept through implementation.
• Create database schema structures to support new application features.
• Work with the client’s team to create and document functional and technical requirements, design documentation and develop the technical components for the extended functionality and system interfaces
• Create and maintain Oracle 11g/12c including packages, ETL processes and stored procedures.
• Create and maintain Oracle APEX application functionality.
• Create and maintain reports including a wide spectrum of complex reports, graphical reports, formula-based reports, and analysis reports.
• Create and apply application patches; facilitate ad-hoc requests; assist with version-controlling objects; diagnose application/report performance problems and tune processes.
• Create test data, to test the system in an enterprise environment and to test the performance of the system with high volume data.
• Work closely with client and development team to deliver mission critical information software to solutions.
• Perform other duties as required.
• B.S. Information Technology, Information Systems Management, Computer Science, or related technical field.
• Extensive working experience as an Oracle database application developer.
• Considerable working experience as an Oracle APEX developer.
• Extensive experience in the development and sustainment of large scale IT solutions including analysis, design, programming, testing, implementation and support;
• Considerable experience writing system development life-cycle documentation;
• Considerable working experience eliciting, driving and/or developing solution requirements and design to ensure that business needs and requirements have been adequately defined and/or the root cause of the problem accurately stated.
• Considerable Oracle database application testing experience including creation of test plans, test scripts and test data, to test the system in an enterprise environment to validate user requirements and the performance of the system with high volume data.
• Must possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Advanced level database modeling skills including design, planning, definition, structure working in an Oracle 11g/12c environment.
• Advanced level programming skills in PL/SQL, ETL and application report development.
• Experience monitoring performance, analyzing and tuning Oracle database applications.
• Experience leading the design and development of Oracle APEX 5.x applications.
• Experience with modern Web-based application development.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!