Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Business Systems Analyst
Business Systems Analyst (59726729)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Document and analyze business processes, business requirements, inputs, outputs, integration points and conduct workflow analysis and business process modelling
• Provide documentation, including but not limited to requirements definitions, cost estimation, environmental scans, process models and technology roadmaps in support of all stages (Concept, Definition, Planning, Execution and Sustainment) of a project or initiative
• Identify, analyze, rationalize and optimize business processes, inputs and outputs as a detailed level by interviewing, documenting and facilitating business process review and re-engineering sessions with stakeholders
• Document business process flows, “as-is” and “to-be”, procedures, roles and responsibilities, data sets, and prepare other documentation as required, in accordance with the Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) standard
• Take responsibility for eliciting, documenting and confirming decisions related to business requirements, particularly where they have an impact on common, enterprise-wide work management system requirements
• Evaluate and assess system and design options, document non-functional requirements
• Communicate, collaborate and co-ordinate with management, business groups and the project team to deliver project plans, project scope definitions, process maps, functional requirements, testing and training to support the implementation of new or improved business processes
• Liaise and communicate with other members of the Enterprise Work Management Solution Program, in particular other Business Analysts working across client Divisions to ensure optimization of efforts and increased cross collaboration
• Work closely with the PM and the project team to identify and document gaps and needs, to track and resolve project problems, defects and issues
• Identify and define key objectives, risks and drivers to create appropriate plans
• Conduct and/or support QA testing, prepare test plans, execute end–to-end testing, facilitate UAT, user training, roll-out
• Prepare business operational procedures and training materials, identify and document sustainment needs
• University degree in computer science or related discipline, and considerable years of progressively more responsible experience working on large-scale information technology projects or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Solid understanding of System Development Life Cycle and systems development methodologies. Extensive experience in supporting the development and sustainment of large scale IT solutions including analysis, design, testing and implementation.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), facilitation and presentation skills; research, active listening, analytical and problem-solving abilities. Strong project management, planning and time management skills. Ability to apply organizational change management processes and tactics to shift mindset and behaviors.
• Five (5) years of application systems experience performing requirements elicitation and analysis, subject matter expert interviews, facilitating workshops with business stakeholders, and documenting business requirements for large-scale technology implementation projects.
• Five (5) years of experience evaluating, recommending and documenting business workflow, procedures, roles and responsibilities and systems integration and conversion strategies. Considerable experience documenting "as-is" and "to-be" business processes, utilizing Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) standard, Visio Pro 2013, Blueprint.
• Considerable experience with Work Management System implementation or integrated solution support that serves the areas of asset management, including planning, program management, project delivery, contract/vendor management, cost recovery, service requests and work orders using web, geospatial and mobile technology.
• 5 years of experience involving work and asset management systems, integration with customer and revenue systems, using client server, Web applications and mobile technologies. Experience with work order planning, scheduling, and Preventive Maintenance and Work Order modules in Maximo is a plus
• Solid understanding of the procurement processes in public sector, experience in developing Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation by engaging wide range of stakeholders to define business and system requirements.
• Experience in QA and testing techniques, including planning, creating test data and conducting functional testing, facilitating UAT and other types of testing in an enterprise environment; experience with HP ALM suite would be an asset.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!