Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Data Governance and Data Quality Specialist
Data Governance and Data Quality Specialist (59999384)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Proactively champion the value of data as a strategic asset by setting up and enhancing Data Governance and Data Quality frameworks, standards, policies, artefacts and processes to be leveraged by business units locally and regionally.
• Work with the Data Owners to ensure they understand their roles and responsibilities, providing advisory guidance and support to ensure Data Governance accountabilities are understood.
• Liaise with ITC and other Information Management and/or Data Management functions, collaborating to provide support and sharing learnings including standards, policies and processes on the client’s Data Governance and Data Quality journey.
• Implement and support the strategic direction for how the client uses data internally and externally.
• Create and supports the development of the Data Governance Framework and Strategy
• Create and support the development of Data Governance policies, standards and processes that support the Data Governance Strategy.
• Recommend best practice based data governance, quality and stewardship methodologies
• Work with Business Units to understand dependency on data assets to inform the development of the Data Governance and Data Quality processes, methods to ensure high quality data
• Create and support the development and implementation of the Data Quality Strategy and Framework
• Support committees and business partners to identify Data Governance and Data Quality requirements and mitigate data risks.
• Establish and provide advisory support on data governance processes enterprise-wide to all Business and IT Functions.
• Between 6 to 8 years of experience in a leadership role in Data Management, Data Governance and/or Data Quality.
• Demonstrated success in a leadership role and vision
• Graduate level degree in Computer Science, Information Management or Business Management
• Wide range of superior communication skills, including but not limited to: interpersonal and collaboration skills, public speaking, negotiating, and presentations
• Extensive experience with all facets of data management including data architecture and modeling, data quality, data warehousing, business intelligence, and metadata management
• Extensive experience and exposure to tools used to support data management specifically business glossary, metadata management, data profiling, and data quality (e.g. IBM InfoSpehere).
• Experience in establishing and successfully leading Data Governance programs: heavy emphasis on developing and implementing data standards policies, practices, and procedures that lead to substantive improvements in data integrity and data quality.
• Proven ability to coordinate cross functional teams of IT professionals, business executives, and other key stakeholders towards common goals and objectives.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify, quantify and effectively raise business risks associated with data quality and data governance.
• Extensive project management and leadership experience
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!