Our client is looking for a Sr Business Analyst
Sr Business Analyst (60034881)
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Location: Toronto, ON
The PRESTO Farecard is being implemented at the TTC. The Revenue Operations area within the TTC will be largely impacted by the Farecard Implementation Program. As a result there are a number of time sensitive projects that are closely tied to the Farecard implementation timelines and the roll-out of the new streetcars. These projects include the following.
1) TTC FAREMEDIA TRANSITION TO PRESTO
a) Transition plan for Elimination of Existing Fare Collection Equipment
b) Support TTC tickets on-board and off-board on the new streetcars/Light
2) REVENUE COLLECTION FOR NEW STREETCARS
a) Maintain and track statistical information regarding status of equipment
b) Document Standard Operating Procedures for Revenue Collection
c) Update Concept of Operations document
d) Assist in revising Job descriptions, updating costing models, updating project
3) REPLACE EXISTING SUBWAY FARE COLLECTION EQUIPMENT WITH NEW FAREGATE
a) Assist in the design, procurement, and installation of new TTC Fare gates
b) Develop, document and implement maintenance program for new Fare gates
c) Develop an integrated process to manage SLM support, designed to track, and monitor vendor performance.
4) OTHER PROJECTS
The incumbent will be required to work on various other projects related to the TTC PRESTO Farecard. Projects can range from web-based solutions (internally and externally developed), client-server, software as a service, etc. The incumbent will work with TTC business resources to capture, document and refine business requirements and processes, re-engineer and optimise processes, and assist in leading the farecard implementation activities.
Description of Duties / Scope of Work:
• Perform business analysis and evaluation regarding the goals for the projects and business objectives.
• Research, bather, analyze and capture business/Technical requirements and specifications that clarify and extend the business requirements.
• Develop Business Cases, various project summaries and justification documents.
• Develop functional and non-functional requirements documentation
• Develop business operations and system support documents, including implementation, and deployment planning, training and system maintenance requirements.
• Investigate anomalies, review vendor solutions, update documents, test and implement releases.
• Develop and document, validate, and implement report requirements to support the maintenance and monitor performance of the new equipment.
• Assist in the review of vendors' proposals, Service Level Agreements, and proposed solutions to meet business requirements.
DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
• Review design solutions presented by vendor
• Provide direction and support for the design process by verifying business requirements.
IMPLEMENTATION AND DEPLOYMENT
• Provide direction and co-ordination support to deployment and installation resources. Assist in the development and execution of the test plan.
• Lead the development of the Operational and System documentation
• Provide training and support to operations resources
• Provide statistical information on performance of equipment moving into production
• Develop and implement long term reporting tools to support Maintenance group on tracking and monitoring SLA activities.
• Collaborate with various project resources to develop, places, schedules etc.
• Update Concept of Operations documentation, and other various project and operations documents.
• Develop user, operation, and system documentation to TTC Standards
• Provide end user training
Various other related tasks as assigned. This may include temporary assignments to complete the same deliverables in other projects.
Act as a representative of the Revenue Operations department and interface with other technical consultants and with various internal/external departments and agencies in order to co-ordinate and communicate business requirements and work activities.
Mandatory Skills / Certification:
• Usage of MS Project and other MS Office (Access, Excel, Word, and Power Point) is mandatory.
• University/Community College degree in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
• Experience with Primavera scheduling software and Sharepoint document management system would be an asset. All document deliverables will be stored in Sharepoint.
Other Skills / Certification:
• 10 + years Software Project Lead experience providing technical guidance to development team.
• 5 + years of Business / Systems Analysis experience
• 10 + years experience implementing self service solutions in the public domain
• Experience in Processing Financial payment transactions processing in the retail sector, familiar with PCI, PS-DSS etc.
• Experience in various hardware used in payment card industry.
• Experience in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and assessing impact on scheduling.
• 5 + years of self-Service Solution Testing experience with strong focus on software/hardware integration testing Formal qualifications in Software Testing is definitely an asset.
• Proficient with the monitoring system, as deployed by Presto, and be able to perform remote troubleshooting on deployed devices.
• Experience in certification processes and accounting principles
• Experience with Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability Information Security Best Practices
• Experience preparing RFI's and RFP's
• Experience documenting business and system requirements
• Well-developed communications and presentations skills
• Self starter with strong leadership, planning, and organizing skills and requires minimum to no supervision.
Modis has been a leading provider of IT staffing in Canada since 1978 and has 9 offices across Canada. We are about making exceptional connections. Every day, we connect premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We will not forward your resume to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, and will contact suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.