Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Risk Analyst
Risk Analyst (60143890)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Generate accurate and complete processes to measure and report on Market Risk, P&L Attribution, Independent Price Verification and ensure that all analysis are complete and accurate with thorough commentary on movements
• Ensure risks within portfolios covered are correctly measured, aggregated, and analyzed in accordance with established and approved market risk policies
• Provide analysis, reporting and monitoring of risk exposure and adhere to Trading Risk Standard with regards to violations and escalation of production issues
• Ensure regulatory risks within portfolios covered are correctly measured, aggregated, and analyzed in accordance with established and approved market risk policies
• Provide analysis of P&L and investigate and resolve all discrepancies/differences in a timely manner, and obtain daily Front Office P&L sign offs
• Maintain a good understanding of the analytical principles underlying the pricing and risk management of financial derivatives, including issues that arise regarding financial modeling of products for P&L and attribution purposes.
• Execute infrastructure changes with regards to implementation of new or revised IPV, Fair Value, and Risk policy changes and ensure that changes are executed in accordance with CMRM change control procedures and EUC standards.
• Critically analyze and assess IPV and VA methodologies to ensure compliance with policy and industry best practices while coming up with a plan to close gaps if found.
• Proficient Excel, VBA and Access skills are assets to develop, modify and continually improve the risk management infrastructure used to capture and analyze risk.
• Knowledge of derivative products, emerging regulations (Volker, IHC, etc.) and market risk metrics.
• Knowledge in data processing techniques and their application to management control information systems would be an asset.
• Strong quantitative background.
• Self-motivated, well organized and positive attitude.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
• Pursuit or completion of CFA/FRM is an asset
• Undergraduate degree in the following areas: Finance, Business, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, or Actuarial Science.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!