Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Data Analyst / Scientist
Data Analyst / Scientist (60145681)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Lead the development and delivery of functional analytics to support evidence-based decision-making and produce actionable insights.
• Work closely with client groups to assess current data analytics and reporting capabilities, gather future-state requirements and identify further opportunities for improvement. Facilitate decision-making and manage client expectations.
• Execute analytics initiatives including end-to-end reporting and data set delivery.
• Develop robust statistical models and machine learning algorithms to model business scenarios and extract valid inferences.
• Work with functional area experts, Data Architects and ETL Developers and stakeholders to understand complex business issues and develop appropriate Business Intelligence solutions.
• Design methods to capture, structure, transform, and process data to be used to generate models.
• Build data models that provide information which is accurate, easy to understand and unbiased.
• Communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear and precise manner, providing useful visuals and summaries.
• Provide interpretation, advice, and expertise to client groups and other stakeholders, including direction on how to transform analytics into actionable information and proactive insights that support decision making.
• Participate in documentation, development, testing, and end user training.
• Minimum 6 years of experience and background as a data analyst/scientist
• Familiarity with healthcare data, administration (ERP) and clinical (HIS) systems preferred
• Familiarity and/or knowledge of healthcare systems i.e. Meditech
• Demonstrated experience with analytical methods, techniques and tools such as, but not limited to: statistical analysis and modelling, data mining, machine learning and algorithms, natural language processing, and other related disciplines at the specified experience level;
• Demonstrated ability to manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume data from structured and unstructured sources
• Demonstrated experience developing data extraction, transformation, and load functionality for large relational and multi-dimensional data stores
• Demonstrated experience designing high quality interfaces to present information in a meaningful way to end users
• Broad understanding of data management, financial and business analysis, database architecture, and information visualization
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills, verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and team work skills
• Graduate or post-graduate degree in mathematics or statistics or related discipline preferred
• Proven ability to elicit and document requirements, develop/consult on options and solutions, and provide effective guidance
• Adept at communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences preferably in the healthcare industry;
• Proficiency in query languages and experience constructing complex query statements
• Strong investigative and logic skills.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!