Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Java/WebSphere Developer
Java/WebSphere Developer (60177261)
Contract Duration: (8 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• 10+ years of experience working with technical systems specifications and translating them into working, tested applications for large, complex, mission critical applications
• 10+ years’ experience conducting research and assessment of options for technical design issues
• Ability to conduct technical evaluation and assessment of off-the-shelf solution and its
• Configuration aspects and integration capabilities, related tools and utilities, gap analysis of integration components to technical requirements / specifications
• Work with business analysts to translate the business requirements and functional specifications into an application design appropriate to meet the business and operational/ IT needs
• 10+ years of experience in technical analysis, program code, detailed programming and reports specifications, program design, writing and /or generating code, and conducting unit tests
• 10+ years of experience in software in various computing platforms, operating systems, database technology, communication protocols, middleware and gateways
• 10+ years of experience in developing and maintaining system design models, technical documentation and specifications
• 10+ years of experience in conducting technical evaluation and assessment of options for technical design issues, application figuration aspects and integration capabilities, related tools and utilities, gap analysis of integration components to technical requirements / specifications / documentation.
• Analyze and solve problems, identify issues and apply or implement solutions
• Knowledge of architecture frameworks and system standards and technologies for server development.
• Knowledge of agile systems development methodologies
• Knowledge of project management practices, and ability to contribute to project plans, including work breakdown and task estimates, status reports
• Experience of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!