Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Business Analyst
Business Analyst (60183664)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Analyze and document business requirements, design solutions, business rules and data sources, and work with development and quality assurance teams throughout system implementation and delivery to ensure that the project is delivered on time and within budget.
• Become subject matter expert resource and ensure that new solutions address business needs, while ensuring system alignment with application roadmaps.
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to create a clear understanding, and distinguish user requests from underlying true needs.
• Pro-actively communicate and collaborate with business clients to analyze functional requirements and deliver the appropriate artefacts as needed: business requirement documents, functional specifications, data specifications, use cases, workflow analysis, reports, test cases, etc.
• Act as the first line of contact to interface with Trading Credit Risk business users.
• Employ Interactive and Agile methodologies as well as Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment to improve overall execution speed and product quality.
• Collaborate across application development and other technology teams within IT to ensure that business requirements are fully understood.
• Conduct data analysis in support of applications and projects, participate and assist with testing, configuration/release management, deployment, and post implementation verification.
• Help identify risks, assumptions and constraints for deliverables, and communicate to appropriate parties
• University degree in Math, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or related discipline.
• In-depth knowledge of Capital Markets financial instruments.
• Experience using business analysis, requirements modeling and database querying tools, such as: SQL, data flow diagrams, relationship data models, XML modeling, business process modelling.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the financial services industry, and working with Risk Management or Front Office application projects.
• Experience working in projects using Iterative and Agile Methodologies as a business or systems analyst lead
• Strong analytical skill set, the ability to transform business goals into requirements
• MBA, CFA, graduate degree in Finance an asset
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!