IT Planning Analyst
Position/Title: Business Analyst – Planning Specialist
Length: 1 year contract
Start Date: December 2017
Modis is looking to identify a Planning Specialist for a position in Calgary, Alberta with one of our clients.
Reporting to the Planning and Controls Lead, the Planning Specialist will provide analytical business support in planning, analysis, and management reporting functions.
This role will also develop and maintain strong and trusted relationships with stakeholders, collaboratively finding new ways to address strategic issues and developing new opportunities accordingly. As well, the Planning Specialist manages short and long term scenario planning processes and programs and creates a vision for growth that would support and helps shape IS strategies. To be successful in this role, candidates must have strong skills and capabilities in:
- Risk Management
- Budgeting and Planning
- Stakeholder Management
- Advanced Financial Management
- Product and Vendor Evaluation
- Cost analysis
To be a fit within this group, the individual will be required to be a strong communicator who is confident, extroverted, takes initiative, and is willing to jump in. Individuals on this team are typically Red or Yellow in Insights Discovery.
- Define a multi-year IS strategy covering all aspects of the organization, with the vision of how the demand for information, systems and processes will be met by IS
- Develop and implement strategies and business improvement initiatives, including performance measurement and analysis, with a strong focus on demand planning, engagement and change management activities
- Prioritize IS initiatives with the appropriate stakeholder sponsorship and monitor performance against plans
- Conduct and manage IT and industry-related benchmarks to measure overall performance, maturity, and cost effectiveness
- Conduct research to support the implementation of new initiatives and strategies
- Provide input to further improve monitoring and evaluation of strategies
- Involvement in building budgets as well as monitoring expenditures
- Build forecasts based on market variables
- Create and update management reports, identifying KPI’s for management review
- Work closely, and build strong relationships, with colleagues and peers
- Post-secondary degree in related discipline
- 3 to 6 years’ experience in the creation and maintenance of long range planning, development and delivery of strategic initiatives impacting people, processes and technology
- A minimum 3 years’ experience working with IS in an oil and gas domain
- A thorough working understanding of MS Project Online
- Proven track record delivering innovative solutions from concept to change management
- Ability to manage improvement initiatives with a focus on results
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and critically
- Advanced skills within Microsoft Excel is required
- Prior experience and involvement in implementing MS Project Online
- Strong SAP reporting experience
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Modis will only present your resume to client’s when your explicit permission is obtained.
Modis maintains a general inbox for all IT candidates. If you are interested in being considered for other roles in the Calgary and/or Edmonton markets, please forward your resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."