Network Designer – Intermediate Job, Ottawa, ON
Modis is searching for an Intermediate Network Designer to manage a small team and assist in designing access network facilities to meet customer service dates. The candidate will track and manage exchange growth and development, and additionally will provide regular updates and status reports.
The successful candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
• Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering, or a Civil Engineering Technologist diploma;
• Project management experience;
• Good leadership and negotiation skills;
• Strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written);
• Strong aptitude to recognize opportunities for improvement and take appropriate action;
• Demonstrated ability to inspire employee involvement and teamwork;
• PC Proficient – Advanced MS Word and MS Excel; and
• A valid driver’s licence.
The following skills and experience would be considered an asset:
• Knowledge and experience of Access Network Provisioning;
• Knowledge of outside plant installation, maintenance, or construction; and
• Knowledge of SAP or NETX.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
• Designing access network facilities in a timely fashion to meet customer service dates;
• Tracking and managing exchange growth and development;
• Providing service for Voice and Mega service affecting orders by accessing various systems;
• Providing regular updates and status reports;
• Participating in the development of new processes and improvements to existing ones;
• Ability to deal with multiple implementation projects running simultaneously;
• Monitoring and managing network facilities using various computer-based programs (e.g. Network X, SAP, HSM, IPAIRS, Network Request etc.);
• Coaching and developing a dedicated staff of 2 to 3 Outside Plant Coordinators; and
• Interfacing and negotiating with municipalities, utilities, builders, building managers, and current and potential customers.
This job will consist of a mixture of office work, field visits, and off premise meetings with municipalities/ consultants and other departments. The job requires employees that are flexible in hours of operation and are willing to put the time into the job to provide our customers with top quality service.
Modis would like to thank all candidates for submitting to this job opportunity, however, only those with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted for further instruction and submission to the client.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!